Collecting children’s books to send back to Copernicus Hospital with our visitors!
As you are aware a team of Polish medical professionals from Copernicus Hospital in Gdansk will be visiting Cincinnati the week of July 16-22 to participate in a pediatric trauma care training at Children’s Hospital.
The team has graciously agreed to spare some space in their suitcases and take the gift of comfort, learning, discovery and fun from PASGC back to their young patients. We can send back with them about 20-30 lb of books! So we would love to get some help on filling that capacity up possibly with some of your favorite children books.
Why books in English? Most public schools in Poland teach English since kindergarten, so for most part children are familiar with the language at some level. While the English textbooks are widely available, simple children’s reading books are not. They are very rare to find and way too expensive. This would be a great yet very simple gift children would enjoy during their stay at the hospital and possibly put a smile on their face 🙂
What are we looking for:
- New or gently used children books 0-18 years old
- Picture books such as by Eric Carle
- Beginner readers books level 1, 2 and 3
- Young reader novel such as Magic Tree House stories, Diary of the Whimpy Kid
- American children’s classic books and Dr. Suess is a great choice
- Below are some samples of the most popular books with links to search results
- Small dedication inside of the book would be a great personal touch
How to donate the books:
- Drop it off at the address below. We also recommend online purchases with address below as delivery for quicker delivery
- Amazon is a great resource with most of the classic and early reader books well under $10.00, some as little as $5.00 with speedy delivery time.
- Address for donations:
Polish American Society of Greater Cincinnati (PASGC)
4022 Sunday Lane
Maineville, Oh 45039
- All books must be delivered to address above no later than Thursday, July 20th.
Please reach out to Emilia at 513-965-1286 or Gosia at 513-5152428 with any questions or reply to this email.